1 hr 5 mins
Charlotte J's Note:
PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 275°F.
- 2In a small pan, bring cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, vanilla bean, and salt just to a boil over medium heat.
- 3Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- 4Scrape seeds from Vanilla into cream then discard vanilla pod.
- 5In another bowl, whisk egg yolks with 1 tbsp of the sugar until sugar dissolve.
- 6Slowly whisk in cooled cream (if it is not cool, yolks will scramble), then strain thought a fine sieve.
- 7Add 2 teaspoons PAMA.
- 8Divide custard between 4 shallow baking dishes, each about 1/2 cup in capacity.
- 9Place dishes in a baking pan, then place pan in oven.
- 10Pour enough cold water into pan to come about halfway up sides of dishes.
- 11Bake until custard set, 30-35 minutes.
- 12Cover cooled custards with plastic wrap.
- 13Chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 14Before serving, sprinkle 1 1/2 tsp sugar on each custard and use a kitchen blowtorch to caramelize tops, holding torch at an angle (flame should barely touch surface) to brown sugar.
- 15You can also brown the sugar in a preheated broiler, taking care to turn the gratin dishes to avoid hot spots.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pomegranate Creme Brulee
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.7
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.0 g
- Saturated Fat 28.8 g
- Cholesterol 329.0 mg
- Sodium 52.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: