1 hr 5 mins
Charlotte J's Note:
PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 275°F.
- 2In a small pan, bring cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, vanilla bean, and salt just to a boil over medium heat.
- 3Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- 4Scrape seeds from Vanilla into cream then discard vanilla pod.
- 5In another bowl, whisk egg yolks with 1 tbsp of the sugar until sugar dissolve.
- 6Slowly whisk in cooled cream (if it is not cool, yolks will scramble), then strain thought a fine sieve.
- 7Add 2 teaspoons PAMA.
- 8Divide custard between 4 shallow baking dishes, each about 1/2 cup in capacity.
- 9Place dishes in a baking pan, then place pan in oven.
- 10Pour enough cold water into pan to come about halfway up sides of dishes.
- 11Bake until custard set, 30-35 minutes.
- 12Cover cooled custards with plastic wrap.
- 13Chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 14Before serving, sprinkle 1 1/2 tsp sugar on each custard and use a kitchen blowtorch to caramelize tops, holding torch at an angle (flame should barely touch surface) to brown sugar.
- 15You can also brown the sugar in a preheated broiler, taking care to turn the gratin dishes to avoid hot spots.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pomegranate Creme Brulee
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.7
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.0 g
- Saturated Fat 28.8 g
- Cholesterol 329.0 mg
- Sodium 52.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: