Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 small pinch salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons pama pomegranate liqueur
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- In a small pan, bring cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, vanilla bean, and salt just to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Scrape seeds from Vanilla into cream then discard vanilla pod.
- In another bowl, whisk egg yolks with 1 tbsp of the sugar until sugar dissolve.
- Slowly whisk in cooled cream (if it is not cool, yolks will scramble), then strain thought a fine sieve.
- Add 2 teaspoons PAMA.
- Divide custard between 4 shallow baking dishes, each about 1/2 cup in capacity.
- Place dishes in a baking pan, then place pan in oven.
- Pour enough cold water into pan to come about halfway up sides of dishes.
- Bake until custard set, 30-35 minutes.
- Cover cooled custards with plastic wrap.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, sprinkle 1 1/2 tsp sugar on each custard and use a kitchen blowtorch to caramelize tops, holding torch at an angle (flame should barely touch surface) to brown sugar.
- You can also brown the sugar in a preheated broiler, taking care to turn the gratin dishes to avoid hot spots.