Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Perfect for the holidays and just about anytime the girls get together. I have made various versions of this but this is a bit different. Enjoy! Be sure to chill everything ahead of time so the ice doesn't melt too quickly. Who needs a watered down bellini! From Giada's Kitchen: New Italian Favorites
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup ice
- 1 1⁄2 cups simple syrup
- 1 1⁄4 cups pomegranate juice, chilled
- 1 cup cranberry juice, chilled
- 750 ml prosecco, chilled
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of fresh mint, for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- To make simple syrup:
- In a saucepan, combine water and sugar over medium heat. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved. Take pan off heat and allow to cool.
- To make Bellinis:.
- Place ice in a 6-8 cup capacity punch bowl.
- Add simple syrup, juices, Stir well.
- Slowly pour in the Prosecco.
- Garnish with lime slices, mint sprigs and pomegranate seeds, and serve.
- An alternate: divide seeds between 12 champagne flutes, add 1 slice of lime, sprig of mint to each glass and pour Bellini mixture into each flute.
my husband just made this and its really good. How come nobody has tried it before? We used splenda, and squeezed a lemon slice into each glass.then dropped it in. No lime.Great drink,with a great flavor. We'll use this again & again.