Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't tried this yet but it sounds like it would be wonderful. I had to post it here so I wouldn't lose it. I found this on our grocery store's website, where it had a link to eatingwell.com. A note from the recipe: "We use bottled ginger juice (pressed gingerroot) to add the taste of fresh ginger without the work of mincing or grating. Find it in specialty stores or online at gingerpeople.com. Prepare through Step 1 and refrigerate for up to 1 day."
- 2 1⁄4 cups pomegranate juice
- 2 1⁄4 cups vodka
- 1 cup lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup Cointreau liqueur or 3⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1⁄4 cup ginger juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar ("superfine bar sugar" if you can get it)
- lime zest, strips for garinsh
- Mix pomegranate juice, vodka, lime juice, Cointreau (or Grand Marnier), ginger juice and sugar in a large pitcher.
- For each drink, fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice, add 1/2 cup of the Cosmos mix, and shake until the shaker turns frosty and cold.
- Dip the rim of a martini (or highball) glass into water and then in sugar (to “sugar the rim”).
- Strain the drink into the martini glass (or over fresh ice in the highball glass).
- Garnish with a twist of lime zest, if desired.