Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 25 mins
Haven't tried but sounds good!
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper, divided
- 1 (12 lb) whole turkey, cleaned
- 3⁄4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl combine butter, 1 Tbs. parsley, 2 teaspoons roesmary, garlic, 1 Tbs. orange zest, 1/4 teaspoons pepper and 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Rub mixture under turkey skin.
- Sprinkle remaining parsley, rosemary, and pepper and 1 teaspoons salt over turkey.
- Place turkey on rack in a roasting pan. Roast at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees, roat 2 hours more.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring pomegranate juice, honey and 1/3 cup orange juice to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- At the end of the 2 hours, brush mixture on turkey.
- Roast turkey 45 minutes more, or until a meat thermometer inserted in thigh, not touching bone, reads 170 degrees, basting occasionally.
- Let sit 15 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with herbs and orange slices, if desired.