Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. I love this recipe because it has three great vegetable that I love eggplant, potato, and yellow plantain. it originally comes from me I made it up playing with food. its something different and fresh and filling with three distinctive flavors that melt in your mouth. Notes: for meat lovers can add more meat and tomato paste if you desire thicker sauce, add desire salt to your best taste. if vegetarian instead of meat can add tofu.
- 2 eggplants
- 4 yellow plantains
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1⁄4 red onion
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1⁄4 red pepper
- 1⁄4 garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
- take the skin off the eggplant and cut it in four big halves.
- take the skin off the yellow plantain and cut it in half.
- 2 pots for each vegetable with 4 cups of boiling water bring the eggplant, and yellow plantain in separate pots, let it boil until both vegetable are tender.
- meanwhile preheat oven to 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- defrost the simply mashed potatoes package in the microwave.
- In a 13 by 9, 2 inch baking dish grease the baking dish with fat free butter.
- bring red onion, cilantro, red pepper, garlic, together processed all this vegetables in the food processor. then combine all vegetables with the ground meat, tomato paste, pomegranate juice, salt and ground black pepper, until meat is well done.
- once both vegetables are tender you mashed the yellow plantain.
- you don't need to mashed the eggplant leave it as it is.
- First layer will be the mashed yellow plantain spread evenly in the baking dish. then add the ground meat evenly to cover the yellow plantain, and some shredded cheddar cheese.
- Second layer will the eggplant spread it evenly on top of the yellow plantain. then spread all that's left of the ground meat and then add some shredded cheddar cheese.
- Third layer will be the Simply Mashed Potatoes which it will be the top layer. spread it evenly on top of the eggplant and add all that its left of the shredded cheddar cheese on it.
- Turn on the oven to 350 degrees on baking option.
- Put the casserole dish in the oven for 30 minutes.
- once its done let it stand for 5 minutes to cool down.
- can be serve with your favorite salad.