1/2 Photos of Pomegranate Chicken or Duck
1 hr 20 mins
In response to a recipe request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine pomegranate molasses, ground walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric, and saffron.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Clean chicken removing unnecessary bones and skin.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Place chopped onion and 3 tblsps olive oil in a pot and saute 3 minutes.
- 6Then add the chicken pieces, salt, pepper, and turmeric.
- 7Add 1 cup of water and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- 8Add the pomegranate mixture and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes longer (check water and add some if it is necessary).
- 9Add a bit more sugar if you want the sauce sweeter.
- 10Transfer to a deep serving pot, cover, and place in a warm oven until ready to serve.
- 11Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pomegranate Chicken or Duck
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1584.6
- Calories from Fat 991
- Total Fat 110.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 399.5 mg
- Sodium 375.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 133.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: