Recipe by PaulaG
Developed for RSC #18. These are delicious. A little sweet with a touch of heat.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
I used pomegranate molasses and subbed honey for the corn syrup. Served with plain short grain rice, steamed vegetables and a side salad. I burnt the skin a little! Made for Recipe Swap #88 in the Australian/NZ forum.
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate juice
- 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a roasting pan with on top of a foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Rinse chicken under running water and pat dry. If desired, lightly salt and pepper to taste. Go lightly on the salt due to the soy sauce in the glaze. Arrange chicken on foil and place in preheated oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking place the Pomegranate juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce by about half. Add remaining ingredients and cook a few minutes to thicken.
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees. Remove precooked chicken from oven and baste with glaze. Grill until cooked through and glazed, basting and turning every 3 to 5 minutes. The chicken should be cooked through in about 15 to 20 minutes. Watch carefully so as not burn the glaze.