Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from the blog Hitchhiking to Heaven.
- 3 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups champagne
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package dry low-sugar pectin
- Measure sugar. Place 1/4 cup of sugar in separate bowl and mix in pectin powder and set aside.
- Combine pomegranate juice, champagne, and lemon juice in a large nonreactive pot. Bring to a gentle boil over medium-low heat, then turn up the heat until the mixture reaches a hard rolling boil. Add the sugar and bring the mixture back to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the pectin sugar and bring the mixture back to a hard boil for exactly one minute.
- Remove the jelly from the heat and ladle it into sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.Process 5 minutes in a water bath canner.