Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
What's not to like about pomegranates?
- Grease and flour an 8-inch cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy and gradually add sugar.
- Continue beating until mixture is stiff and full of air.
- Sift flour and baking powder, divide in three parts and fold into the egg-sugar mixture, alternate with the pomegranate juice.
- Transfer the batter to the cake pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes and turn out on a cake plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar or frost with a butter cream frosting.
This really did not turn out for me. It was impossible to get the eggs to get stiff because the yolks were in with the whites. I think the whites should be beaten seperately and then the yolks should be folded in. I tried a bit and the flavor seemed like it would have been off but it was flat and just no good. I had to throw it out.