Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
In 'Make It Fast, Cook It Slow' by Stephanie O'Dea
Make and share this Pomegranate Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 lbs beef roast
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) canfire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker; swirl the olive oil into the bottom of the stoneware.
- Add the onion.
- Rub the cinnamon, herbs, and salt on all sides or the meat and add to the stoneware with the garlic, the whole can of tomatoes, pomegranate juice, balsamic vinegar, and maple syrup.
- Sprinkle the raisins on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours, or on HIGH for 5 hours.
- The meat is done when it has reached the desired tenderness.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or polenta, and drizzle with the sauce.