Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A grilled & glazed Cornish hen recipe from the Today show kitchen. I haven't tried this recipe yet but it looks delicious
- Bring the pomegranate juice, balsamic vinegar and honey to a boil.
- Turn to medium low heat and simmer until mixture becomes like a thick glaze.
- Reserve the other half to use for glazing during grilling.
- Heat grill to about 400 degrees, and begin to cook the poussin.
- Start by grilling the birds skin-side down for about 7 minutes.
- Brush with reserved glaze, then turn the pieces over.
- Glaze the tops and grill for 3 more minutes.
- Turn over again, glaze the tops and continue grilling until done.
This had a really good flavor- although I could not get my sauce to reduce to a glaze for the life of me. I did season the hens with EVOO, salt, pepper, and thyme first, I baked mine instead of grilling them, and ended up just pouring the sauce over and basting them periodically and the reserving some sauce for dipping. Really great flavor, though.