Recipe by SuperSpike
A grilled & glazed Cornish hen recipe from the Today show kitchen. I haven't tried this recipe yet but it looks delicious
Top Review by Cyclone*Mommy
This had a really good flavor- although I could not get my sauce to reduce to a glaze for the life of me. I did season the hens with EVOO, salt, pepper, and thyme first, I baked mine instead of grilling them, and ended up just pouring the sauce over and basting them periodically and the reserving some sauce for dipping. Really great flavor, though.
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the pomegranate juice, balsamic vinegar and honey to a boil.
- Turn to medium low heat and simmer until mixture becomes like a thick glaze.
- Reserve the other half to use for glazing during grilling.
- Heat grill to about 400 degrees, and begin to cook the poussin.
- Start by grilling the birds skin-side down for about 7 minutes.
- Brush with reserved glaze, then turn the pieces over.
- Glaze the tops and grill for 3 more minutes.
- Turn over again, glaze the tops and continue grilling until done.