Recipe by JustJanS
I thought this one up on holidays when we were able to buy a pack of 4 big plump quail-one of my favourite birds.
Top Review by sithwitch
Easy and extremely delicious marinade! The quails were juicy, full of flavor, and got wild approval from a mother that tend to frown on anything different. This will become my default poultry marinade!
- 4 quail, backbones removed to butterfly
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate quail in remaining ingredients 2 hours.
- Heat oven and tray to 220c.
- Remove quail from marinade, strain and reserve.
- Place quail skin-side down on heated tray and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn and cook a further 5 minutes (or until cooked to your liking) to crisp and brown skin.
- Meanwhile heat marinade to boiling and cook on a low heat to reduce by half.
- Serve quail with a little of the syrup spooned over.