Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice combination of greens and sweet fruit, with some walnuts and celery for extra crunch. This is refreshing, healthy, a little different, and delicious! Found this recipe at drbenkim.com. The amounts are just estimates. Feel free to throw in a little extra of whatever you like, or happen to have more of!
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts
- 2 -4 cups greens, i like to rip them into smaller pieces if they're large (spinach, romaine, field greens, etc)
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey, raw if you have it
- Mix pomegranate seeds, apple, walnut, celery and greens in a big bowl.
- Mix together honey and juice, then pour onto salad mixture and toss.
Delicious with great crunch masha Allah! I used 1 cup baby spinach leaves, 1 cup organic baby arugula leaves and a pretty crunchy Macintosh apple plus the rest. Next time insha Allah I will use raw honey as I like to always have it on hand but this time I used creamed honey in a canola oil :/, freshly squeezed lemon juice and freshly squeezed orange juice dressing I had made the day before without any sweetener. The salad dressing worked. I would make this salad again.
Incredible! Very fresh and crisp. Delicious!
This was very easy and refreshing. I doubled the dressing and added about 4 oz of goat cheese. YUM!