Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is the food of the gods. You can reduce the amount of butter and pine nuts if you desire.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Cut onion into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened but not brown.
- Add rice and stir for 2 minutes to coat with the butter.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until all of the liquid is absorbed (approximately 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, toast pine nuts in a separate skillet over low heat. Stir constantly. Watch carefully as they burn easily. Set aside once toasted.
- Remove rice from heat and fold in the raisins, pine nuts, pomegranate seeds and thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
This was an awesome recipe and very simple for a new cook like me! Thanks.