Pomegranate and Pine Nut Pilaf
- Cut onion into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened but not brown.
- Add rice and stir for 2 minutes to coat with the butter.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until all of the liquid is absorbed (approximately 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, toast pine nuts in a separate skillet over low heat. Stir constantly. Watch carefully as they burn easily. Set aside once toasted.
- Remove rice from heat and fold in the raisins, pine nuts, pomegranate seeds and thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.