Shannon Cooks's Note:
This is the food of the gods. You can reduce the amount of butter and pine nuts if you desire.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut onion into 1/4 inch pieces.
- 2Melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened but not brown.
- 3Add rice and stir for 2 minutes to coat with the butter.
- 4Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- 5Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until all of the liquid is absorbed (approximately 15 minutes).
- 6Meanwhile, toast pine nuts in a separate skillet over low heat. Stir constantly. Watch carefully as they burn easily. Set aside once toasted.
- 7Remove rice from heat and fold in the raisins, pine nuts, pomegranate seeds and thyme.
- 8Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pomegranate and Pine Nut Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.8
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 107.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: