Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Surprise your guests with this delightful gourmet recipe that is as simple to make as your average meal. Serve with seasoned wild rice and whole green beans (not canned) for a complete meal.
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 rock cornish game hens, split (6 halves)
- as needed salt
- as needed pepper
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Mix pomegranate juice, 1/2 cup honey, coriander, cinnamon, allspice, cayenne pepper, and garlic: pour over hens.
- Marinate overnight or at least 8 hours in refrigerator turning occasionally.
- Drain marinade from hens reserving the liquid.
- Simmer marinade for 10.
- Season hens with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 450 degrees F., brushing frequently with reserved marinade until meat is firm to the touch; about 20 minutes.
- Brush with honey.
FANTASTIC recipe!!!..marinade for 24 hrs...(used skinned chicken thighs)..slap on BBQ grill..baste with remaining sauce..WOW!!
I used your recipe on boneless, skinless chicken breasts and marinated them for 24 hours. Wonderful flavor, very tender, unique, and addictive. Just enough spice to warm your mouth. I absolutely love this dish.