Recipe by Phil the Thrill
Another way that I have enjoyed oatmeal recently. Tastes wonderful topped with sliced or slivered almonds. Make sure that you use the milk--it gives the oatmeal an excellent creamy texture. This may not be for everyone's tastes since the seeds are a bit crunchy, but I think that it adds a nice texture constrast to the creaminess of the oatmeal.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
I eat so much oatmeal that I'm always looking for ways to keep it interesting. Using pomegranate seeds leftover from another recipe added a nice crunch! I only needed half the amount of milk.
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- sugar (optional) or sugar substitute (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare quick oats using package directions in microwave, using skim milk in place of water.
- Stir in pomegranate seeds and blueberries. If desired, crush a few of the pomegranate seeds with back of spoon to release some of juices into the oatmeal. Stir in sugar or sugar substitute, if desired.
- Top with sliced almonds, if desired.