Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
You know the smoothie drill- toss it all in the blender and cross your fingers. This time the ingredients happen to be bursting with antioxidants, vitamins and enzymes, and I was very pleased with my creation.
- 1 small orange, sectioned and roughly chopped
- 1 large banana, frozen, broken into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt (I use soy yogurt)
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend for about a minute. Then switch to the "liquify" setting to completely eliminate any chunks of orange. (If you don't have many settings on your blender that's okay, just try the highest one. ).
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!
- NOTE: In case anybody needs to know, the pomegranate juice adds about 80 calories and 7 grams of sugar to the above nutritional totals. I know, that seems like a lot; but it IS fruit and it's so healthy! Hope you give it a try!
Great smoothie. We all enjoyed it very much. Thanks!
BEST smoothie I have had in a long time. . .man this was good! Sucked it up in a flash. I did add some flaxmeal and used vanilla yogurt instead of plain. Placed in my keeper cookbook. Made for VEG*N tag #3.
WHAT A GREAT SMOOTHIE! I often use pineapple juice as the base for my smoothies, but the pomegranate juice is a wonderful change, & tasty, too! Thanks for the keeper! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Special Recipe Swap #19]