Recipe by White Rose Child
You know the smoothie drill- toss it all in the blender and cross your fingers. This time the ingredients happen to be bursting with antioxidants, vitamins and enzymes, and I was very pleased with my creation.
- 1 small orange, sectioned and roughly chopped
- 1 large banana, frozen, broken into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt (I use soy yogurt)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend for about a minute. Then switch to the "liquify" setting to completely eliminate any chunks of orange. (If you don't have many settings on your blender that's okay, just try the highest one. ).
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!
- NOTE: In case anybody needs to know, the pomegranate juice adds about 80 calories and 7 grams of sugar to the above nutritional totals. I know, that seems like a lot; but it IS fruit and it's so healthy! Hope you give it a try!