Recipe by Mommy Diva
Another from the Rachel Ray show site - apparently one of OPRAH's favs!! Sounds great, doesn't it ladies?? ***Just an update -this has been a hit the three times I have served it now with ladies and men a like! A festive, fun alternative for a holiday gathering - not too sweet unless you want it to be - it all depends on the champagne you choose! Looking forward to Christmas and New Years with this one!!(***ZWT3 - Kirsh and CHampagne - FRENCH)
Top Review by FLKeysJen
A delicious drink that everyone would love, especially at the holidays! The cherry brandy adds something special. My husband used to be a bartender and insisted on shaking the juice and kirsch together first, then adding the mixture to the champagne.
- 2 ounces pomegranate juice
- 6 ounces champagne (I have used Cook's Extra Dry,Grand Reserve and White Zinfandel champagne-all were great)
- 1 dash kirsch or 1 dash any cherry flavored liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- To a lovely glass do the following:.
- Add 2 oz pomegranate juice to 6 oz of your favorite champagne.
- Add a tiny splash of Kirsch (apparently any cherry flavored liqueur will do).
- Stir/swizzle lightly to combine.
- ***Note- I did find that many of my champagne flutes were too small for this so check the capacity of your glasses prior to mixing this. ;).