1/6 Photos of Pom Koek (Belgian Coffee Cake)
I found this vintage recipe on the Internet while looking for unique recipes to submit for the Zaar World Tour. It comes from the recipe files of Margaret Dens Buytaert, a Belgain who resided in Wisconsin. The idea of coffee as the liquid in this quick bread intrigues me. Sorry that I will not have a chance to prepare it for a while. If you try it, please share your reactions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare a 9" by 4" in loaf pan by lightly greasing the sides. Cut a piece of wax paper or parchment to fit the bottow for quick removal.
- 3Mix together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon & cloves).
- 4In a separate bowl, quickly mix 1 egg. Spoon in and mix the honey, coffee, and oil.
- 5Quickly fold in the dry ingredients - mixing just enough to combine without toughening the batter.
- 6Fold into pan and bake for 30 minutes. Use a tooth pick to see if center is done.
- 7Slice thinly and serve warm plain or with butter.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pom Koek (Belgian Coffee Cake)
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.3
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 306.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 31.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g