Recipe by Buster's friend
Got this on a card - right before Easter. Timing is everything! If the glaze tastes too tart I plan to add an equal amount of reduced orange juice with plenty of orange zest.
- 1 cup pomegranate juice (POM Wonderful 100% juice)
- 2 Cornish hens (1 1/2 - 1 3/4 lbs each)
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 pepper
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rinse hens, pat dry.
- Set on roasting rack in oiled pan.
- Tie legs together.
- Roast uncovered 50 - 60 minutes - until juices run clear.
- While hens roast, place juice in a small saucepan; sprinkle with a dash of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer 10 minutes. Set aside.
- When hens are near done, brush them liberally with the glaze & roast for another 5 minutes. May repeat as you wish.
- Place hens on a platter, optionally scatter 2 T arils (pomegranate seeds) across them & serve.