Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
for ZW7 - from the internet
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped dates (optional) or 1 cup raisins (optional)
cream cheese frosting
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 13-by-9-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a wooden spoon (do not use a mixer), combine oil and sugar until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition, and vanilla. Gradually add dry ingredients, stirring until well blended.
- Add shredded carrots, chopped nuts, pineapple and coconut and mix just until combined.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until top of cake springs back when lightly touched.
- After cake has cooled, top with cream cheese frosting or serve plain.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter.
- Add confectioners' sugar, milk, vanilla and most of the toasted coconut. Let cake cool completely and spread frosting on top. Decorate top with toasted coconut, if desired. Variation: Substituting 1 teaspoon of lemon zest for the vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice for the milk will produce a nice lemony frosting.