Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Dark strips of beef, with a ginger, soy sauce flavor. I didn't add a cook time at the beginning of the recipe, because it depends if you cook the strips on low on high. Instructions are at the end of the recipe.
- 2 lbs sirloin or 2 lbs round steaks, cut across the grain into thin slices
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid gravy browner
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place steak strips in slow cooker.
- Mix remaining 10 ingredients in small bowl.
- Pour over strips.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
Delicious! I cooked this with less meat (enough for 2) but the same amount of sauce ingredients. In the last 3 hours I stirred in a packet of mixed frozen vegetables. Made a great easy meal in one pot! I did use fresh grated ginger in mine which gave a wonderful flavour and no salt as it was tasty enough as it was.