Recipe by dicentra
From my Rival cookbook. This one is different... No ketchup!
Top Review by Chattes
This was so easy to put together and turned out very tender and tasty. I used boneless country style ribs. The only change I'll probably make the next time is to use a little less ginger. That's a personal preference but I'll be making this one again for sure.
- 2 lbs pork spareribs
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 inch fresh ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut spareribs into 3 inch pieces.
- Mix soy sauce, ground ginger, and cornstarch until smooth; brush over spareribs.
- Place ribs on rack of broiler pan. Bake in preheated 425 oven for 20 minutes to remove fat; drain.
- Combine remaining ingredients in crock pot; stir well.
- Add ribs. cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.