Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From my Rival cookbook. This one is different... No ketchup!
Make and share this Polynesian Spareribs (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs pork spareribs
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- Cut spareribs into 3 inch pieces.
- Mix soy sauce, ground ginger, and cornstarch until smooth; brush over spareribs.
- Place ribs on rack of broiler pan. Bake in preheated 425 oven for 20 minutes to remove fat; drain.
- Combine remaining ingredients in crock pot; stir well.
- Add ribs. cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
This was so easy to put together and turned out very tender and tasty. I used boneless country style ribs. The only change I'll probably make the next time is to use a little less ginger. That's a personal preference but I'll be making this one again for sure.
Very good di!!! I used country style pork ribs...the flavor was excellent!!!
Wonderful! Rich, savory little shortribs with a dark sauce to soak the rice. What was above the broth at the end of cooking had a nice shiny glaze to it. We used it as a appetizer, and it went away quickly. Made for the Photo Forum Crock Pot challenge, August 2008.