Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wow! This is just beyond-belief delicious. I'm not a huge curry fan, but I'd make this again. This would be a great choice for a summer luncheon or picnic. Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home Contest Winning Annual Recipes 2010 and Elaine Carncross of Hilo, Hawaii.
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks (reserve juice)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 lb medium shrimp (cooked, peeled, and deveined)
- 2 cups pasta shells, cooked
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice and set pineapple aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, curry powder, salt, pepper, and reserved pineapple juice until smooth.
- Bring to a boil and cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Stir in mayonnaise and sour cream.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, pasta, water chestnuts, and reserved pineapple.
- Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.