Recipe by daggersmommy
This is a super quick, inexpensive, yummy dish. I found this recipe in Quick Cooking a few years back and make it frequently. I'm not a huge fan of sausage but I can gobble this up easily.
- 1 lb fully cooked smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper until the sausage is lightly browned; drain.
- Add tomatoes, broth brown sugar, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Stir pineapple into sausage mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; gradually add to sausage mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over rice.