Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is one I often take with me to pot-luck church dinners.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can shrimp, well drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup fresh green onion, chopped
- 150 -250 g chow mein noodles
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl, mix peas, rice, shrimp, celery and green onion.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together and mix well.
- When ready to serve pour over salad and add chow mein noodles.
- toss lightly.
- Both can be prepared day before.
My Husband doesn't eat celery and I didn't have any shrimp so I skipped those ingredients and still came out with an excellent salad. I will be using this recipe often!!
Excellant recipe Shirl! I made this on Valentines Day to go along with Baked Salmon and Scalloped Potatoe Pie and Yeast Biscuits. YUmmy! The salad was so easy to make and I made it up first so it could be chillin in the ref. while the rest was being prepared. Its a keeper in my books and would rate a higher than a 5. I can see why its popular at churchs events. It would go with just about anything to eat.