Recipe by diner524
This is a recipe I found on Taste of Home Site. Adding it here for the ZWT Pacific Island Region. Here is the intro for the recipe: “This easy and delicious recipe came from my sister and has been a family favorite for years,” says Annette Mosbarger in Falcon, Colorado. Pineapple and peppers add color and taste.
Top Review by Chef Jean
I made this in my dutch oven in the oven set at 300 degrees. I think it was in there for about 5 hours. The sauce thickened perfectly, but was a little on the sweet side for me. With the pineapple juice I think I would leave out some of the sugar next time. Great served over rice!
- 3 1⁄4 lbs beef top round roast
- 2 tablespoons browning sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 8 ounces pineapple (unsweetened sliced or chunked)
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut roast in half; brush with browning sauce if desired. Combine the flour, salt and pepper; rub over meat. Place onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with roast.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; refrigerate the pineapple. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and ginger; slowly whisk in the broth, soy sauce, garlic and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Add pineapple and green pepper. Cook 1 hour longer or until meat and green pepper are tender.