Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very simple salad, especially with a rice cooker! From Breast of Friends cookbook!
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup cooked peas, cooled
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 (170 g) can small shrimp
- 1 cup chinese dry noodles
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- Put rice and veggies in a large bowl and place in fridge.
- Just before serving, add the can of drained shrimp and Chinese noodles.
- Pour dressing over top and serve!
This rice salad has so much flavor. I liked everything in it. I used red bell pepper instead of green. I used a can of small shrimps but next time I'll use fresh or frozen shrimps, cooked, cause these ones were so salty. This is great with the chinese noodles. Thanks Cadillacgirl :) Made for Count Dracula and His Hot Bites for ZWT7
Great salad - had to leave out the shrimp due to allergies but added lots of everything else. Made for ZWT 7.
This was the surprise hit of the week! Really flavorful and tasty. I used cooked brown rice and frozen shrimp in place of the canned. I also did not use the Accent (it doesn't need it). I packed this for my DBF's lunch, and he was delighted. I definitely will be making this again! Made for ZWT7.