1/1 Photo of Polynesian Rice (Rice Cooker Recipe)
1 hr 10 mins
This is an interesting side dish for Caribbean meals. Recipe source: The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1/2 cup pineapple, chopped (or canned crushed pineapple)
- 1 cup seedless grapes (or maraschino cherries)
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced (garnish)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges (garnish)
- 1Spray the rice cooker bowl with Pam or coat with vegetable oil.
- 2Put first 6 ingredients (rice - curry powder) in rice bowl, stirring with paddle (that comes with rice cooker) a few times. Close cover and set for regular cycle.
- 3When rice cooker switches to "keep warm", srpinkle the green onion, pineapple, grapes (or cherries), and green pepper on top of the rice. Close cover and let steam for 15 minutes.
- 4Stir rice with plastic rice paddle to combine.
- 5Garnish with cucumber and lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polynesian Rice (Rice Cooker Recipe)
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.0
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 203.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g