This is an interesting side dish for Caribbean meals. Recipe source: The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple, chopped (or canned crushed pineapple)
- 1 cup seedless grapes (or maraschino cherries)
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced (garnish)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges (garnish)
- Spray the rice cooker bowl with Pam or coat with vegetable oil.
- Put first 6 ingredients (rice - curry powder) in rice bowl, stirring with paddle (that comes with rice cooker) a few times. Close cover and set for regular cycle.
- When rice cooker switches to "keep warm", srpinkle the green onion, pineapple, grapes (or cherries), and green pepper on top of the rice. Close cover and let steam for 15 minutes.
- Stir rice with plastic rice paddle to combine.
- Garnish with cucumber and lime wedges.
This was a simple recipe to make, and the results were tasty and unusual (in a good way!). It's an especially nice recipe for the summer, because you don't have to turn on the oven. I'll be making this recipe again. Thanks!