Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I make this in a rice cooker and it's super simple! When I have frozen diced onion, red, and green bell pepper mix on hand, I use 2 T of that in place of the fresh onion and peppers, and it's every bit as good. I really prefer the mix of red and green peppers in this dish to just plain ol' green sweet peppers. I frequently use the reduced sodium version of both the soy sauce and the chicken broth and it turns out just fine.
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 3 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (with juice)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1 tablespoon diced bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine all ingredients in rice cooker.
- Cook 20 minutes, or until rice is done.
- Fluff with a fork before serving.