Recipe by leahlyon
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This recipe combines all the best stuff for brunch into one fantastic dish! Smoky Bacon, Oniony Potatoes, sweet red pepper, fruit, and cheese. If you haven't tried pineapple with cheddar - you are missing out. They complement the potatoes and bacon so well.
- 6 ounces thick-cut lean pepper bacon, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 2 cups drained pineapple tidbits
- 8 ounces shredded medium-sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, over medium heat, cook bacon and pepper about 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes with onions and cook over medium heat, covered for about 20 minutes, turning with a spatula every 3-4 minutes.
- Gently stir in the pineapple and half the cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and simmer about 6 minutes.