Recipe by ladygwyn
From Old Better Homes recipe card. This recipe has 2 unique ingredients: strained plum baby food and flaked coconut. I have yet to try this one.
- 6 pork steaks
- 1 (4 3/4 ounce) jar plum baby food
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from steaks.
- In large skillet cook the fat until you get a small amount accumulated, discard the rest of the trimmings.
- Brown steaks in the hot fat.
- as they are browning season generously with salt.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and pour over steaks.
- Cover, and simmer 35 to 40 minutes or until meat is tender and done.
- Remove meat to a warm platter, spoon sauce over them and serve.