Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
I love this flavor combination. I make this often when we are in the mood for something other then BBQ.
- 2 lbs boneless country-style ribs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place pork ribs, garlic and onion in slow cooker.
- Spoon about half of the pineapple with some of the juice over ribs.
- Reserve remaining pineapple and juice.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- About 35 minutes before serving, drain and discard cooking juices from slow cooker; wipe edge of cooker clean.
- In small bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, gingerroot and remaining pineapple with juice; mix well.
- Spoon or pour evenly over ribs.
- Increase heat setting to high; cover and cook an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until ribs are glazed.