Make and share this Polynesian Pork Chops-Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 6 -8 thick pork chops, trimmed
- 1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (19 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients up to the rice into a crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Remove from crock pot with a slotted spoon and place on a serving platter-Pour liquid into a medium saucepan.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients and add to ingredients in saucepan-over medium high heat-and cook until thickened to your preference.
- Pour over chops and serve.
I can't believe that I wrote this review (sept 01) It doesn't even remotely resemble the posted recipe: My dinner turned out great using your recipe but having to change a few things. I didn't have any pineapple so I used a tin of cranberries and instead of pinapple juice I used a tin of condensed Vegetable broth with onions, then adjusted the seasoning to match with the altered ingredients..Oh yes I used country spare ribs. It was enjoyed by all! Thanks Diana Added comments 25 June 04- Well I made this recipe again - this time using the recipe ingredients it was great -Oh Oh- I did add 1 tbsp of Denzel's Kamikazi hot sauce - Thanks again Di
Very good recipe, and easy too. I did omit the extra water that was called for and still had MORE than enough liquid to make the sauce. Next time I think I will reduce the sauce by half before adding the rest of the ingredients.
I gave this recipe 3 stars. This was liked in my house. I wasn't nuts over the vinegar flavor and I thought this would taste sweeter. This could be because I mixed the ingredients except the pork chops and rice the night before. As a reviewer sais the rice does get over cooked. I think I'll cook some quick cooking rice and try this again but adding it at the last minute. I think that I leave out the vinegar next time a use pineapple juice. I did use Splenda brown sugar for the brown sugar. Overall this was a good recipe. Thanks for posting a good recipe! Christine (internetnut)