1/2 Photos of Polynesian Pork and Rice
I first made this yummy little dish about 30 years ago. I continue to make as is although sometimes I throw in a couple of chopped garlic cloves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 lbs pork butt (or shoulder, or pork steak)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1 cup celery
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple tidbits (or chunks, drained)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4-1 cup juice (from the canned fruit or fruit juice)
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1Cut the pork in 1-inch cubes.
- 2Mix the flour, salt and pepper.
- 3Coat the pork with the flour mixture using all the flour.
- 4Brown in oil in a large pan.
- 5Slice the celery and onion.
- 6Slice the peppers into thin strips.
- 7Add the vegetables to the pan along with the remaining ingredients. (**Do not add rice).
- 8Simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- 9Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polynesian Pork and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 800.0
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 1263.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 38.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: