Recipe by GaylaV
I first made this yummy little dish about 30 years ago. I continue to make as is although sometimes I throw in a couple of chopped garlic cloves.
Top Review by banyan1027
This is so yummy!! I threw it all in the Crockpot before leaving for work on a Friday morning; the pork was amazingly tender and moist. Leftovers even better! I added a palm full of crushed red pepper, just because we like things a little kicky. Great recipe; the family voted it into the regular rotation ï�Š
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs pork butt (or shoulder, or pork steak)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1 cup celery
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple tidbits (or chunks, drained)
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4-1 cup juice (from the canned fruit or fruit juice)
- 4 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the pork in 1-inch cubes.
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper.
- Coat the pork with the flour mixture using all the flour.
- Brown in oil in a large pan.
- Slice the celery and onion.
- Slice the peppers into thin strips.
- Add the vegetables to the pan along with the remaining ingredients. (**Do not add rice).
- Simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice.