Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 4 mins
I found this on allrecipes.com. I'm posting it for ZWT7-South Pacific.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 lbs chicken (bone-in, cut in pieces)
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can peaches, halves liquid reserved
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Combine the flour in a plastic bag with 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper. Add the chicken pieces, and toss to coat evenly with flour.
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven over medium heat. Shake the excess flour from the chicken pieces and place into the hot oil. Cook until browned on all sides turning occasionally, about 15 minutes. Pour in the water, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, stir in the onion and bell pepper. Cook and stir until the chicken is longer pink at the bone, and the onion is tender, about 10 minutes. Pour 2 Tblsp. of the reserved peach juice into a small bowl, and set aside. Pour the remaining peach juice into the pot along with the soy sauce and vinegar; bring to a boil over med-high heat. Dissolve the cornstarch in the reserved peach juice, and stir into the boiling sauce. Cook and stir until the sauce thickens and is no longer cloudy, about 1 minute. Stir in the peach halves and chopped tomatoes. Cook and stir until the peaches are hot and the tomatoes are beginnning to fall apart, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.
It's peach season! I've prepared this delicious dish with fresh peaches!
An easy recipe, nothing can go wrong. Thanks for this light tasty dinner!
Done for ZWT7