Recipe by keen5
I have served these for dinner over rice and my family loved them. I've also served as appetizers, by putting them in a warm crockpot after making them. Delicious! It took me 1 1/4 hour to make this from start to finish.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (about 4 bread slices)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 small green peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, mix well first 5 ingredients and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt; shape into 1 1/2-inch meatballs.
- On waxed paper, coat meatballs with flour.
- In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat in hot salad oil, cook meatballs, a few at a time, until well browned, removing them as they brown to drain on paper towels.
- Pour drippings from skillet and discard.
- In skillet, heat to boiling pineapple and its liquid, tomato sauce, green peppers, vinegar and 1 teaspoon salt; return meatballs to skillet.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until green peppers are tender-crisp, stirring frequently.