Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very simple and tasty dish. It's great if you're one to make meatballs in big batches and freeze them - just mix up the sauce, throw in the meatballs, and put in the oven. (You'd have to increase the cooking time). This one comes from my church cook book again - it's originally a microwave recipe but I'm not a fan of microwave cooking so I do it in my oven.
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 green peppers or 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- For the meatballs, mix all the ingredients together and roll into small balls.
- Brown the meatballs in a non-stick frying pan.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a casserole dish, mixing in the meatballs after they are browned.
- Bake the meatballs and sauce, covered, at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, until bubbling.
- Serve over rice.
Delicious! I used the sauce recipe for some crockpot meatballs. Very yummy!!