Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is part of an ad for Minute brown rice and Dole pineapple. Quick and easy with coupons to boot!
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, divided
- 1 (20 ounce) package ground turkey or 1 (20 ounce) package ground chicken
- 2 cups quick brown rice, uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced and divided
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain 1/2 C pineapple for meatballs. Reserve remaining juice and pineapple for sauce.
- Combine turkey, rice, 1/2 C pineapple, 1/2 C green onions, 1/4 C teriyaki sauce, egg, ginger, and nutmeg in large bowl. Mix well.
- Make meatballs desired size. Place meatballs on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet with sides. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until meatballs are done.
- While baking meatballs, make sauce. Combine reserved pineapple and juice, remaining teriyaki, and orange marmalade in medium saucepan; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/4 C onions.
- Top meatballs with sauce. Serve over cooked rice with additional green onions and garnish with pineapple chunks.