Recipe by staceyelee
This is from a Taste of Home Magazine. Spring 2007 -Putting here for safe keeping- sounds good. Cooking times are estimates- Have not made yet.
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2⁄3 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1 tablespoon season salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the milk , onion, crackers and season salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. With wet hands, shape into 1 inch balls. In a large skillet over medium heat brown meatballs in small batches, turning often.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Drain skillet.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice: set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, pineapple juice mixture, vinegar,soy sauce, lemon juice and brown sugar until smooth. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the meatballs. Reduce the heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the pineapple; heat through.