Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
You'll enjoy serving these succulent and delicious wings at your next party. The recipe starts with chicken wing drummettes, a frozen product you'll find in the freezer section of the supermarket.
Top Review by ~Leslie~
I had these made for me during a 4th of July get together, and believe me, everyone was racing to get these wings! The teenagers were "hiding" some in ziplock bags for later just in case there were no leftovers! These are really, really good, they just fell off the bone and had a wonderful flavour. I will be adding this to my favourites! :) (and lucky the teens hid some wings, there were NO leftovers!;))
- 3 lbs frozen chicken wings, drummettes (about 30)
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green sweet pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- thinly sliced green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place frozen chicken drummettes in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until skins are crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger, and crushed red pepper. Stir in pineapple juice, broth, sweet pepper, and soy sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Set aside.
- Carefully drain off any juices from baking pan. Brush drummettes with some of the glaze mixture. Bake for 10 minutes more. Brush with more of the glaze mixture. Place on serving plate. If desired, sprinkle with green onions. Serve with remaining glaze mixture.