Mimi Hiller's Note:
Here's a favorite recipe. This was published in the LA Times and I tried it right away. Yes, the recipe looked good, but the taste....wow! My daughter, who doesn't like salmon, not only loved this, but she begged me to make it again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1For glaze: Combine syrup, water, ginger, 4 cloves garlic, horseradish and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil; reduce he at to simmer.
- 3Cook until reduced by half, about 15 minutes.
- 4Glaze will keep refrigerated for several days.
- 5To prepare salmon: Place salmon in shallow pan.
- 6Add water to cover, plus 2 cloves garlic, dill and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer.
- 7Cover and cook 3 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat and let stand in covered pan 8 minutes.
- 9Heat broiler.
- 10Remove salmon from cooking liquid and place, skin side down, on to broiler pan.
- 11Baste with glaze. Broil, basting often with glaze, just until golden and well-glazed, about 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polynesian Glazed Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.3
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 146.2 mg
- Sodium 693.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 36.0 g
- Protein 65.5 g