Recipe by Anne G.
This is from the Kraft foods website. It's very easy and tasty! I'm posting here so I can add to my shopping list. I tweaked it just a little bit, so it's not exactly as on the Kraft website. Try using maybe 1/2-3/4 of the pineapple as it can be a little overwhelming. I read that some people substituted chicken instead of the meatballs which I think would taste good, too.
Top Review by Melvin'sWifey
I was looking for a easy recipe that called for frozen meatballs and I'm sure glad I found this one! It was very quick to make. I served mine over an onion and garlic rice pilaf I whipped up, and there were no leftovers. I liked the juice as it soaked into the rice and it was tasty! Didn't use any peppers as I was out, but this was still a hit! I also used hot and spicy bbq sauce, and two dashes of ground cayenne pepper. Thanks so much!
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 cups frozen mixed peppers (green, yellow, red)
- 1 cup onion, chopped (about 1 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (I used Kraft honey)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, liquid reserved
- 12 ounces frozen meatballs
- 2 cups instant rice, cooked as directed on package
Directions See How It's Made
- HEAT oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions; cook 5 minute or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- STIR in barbecue sauce, ginger, garlic powder and about 3/4 of the reserved pineapple liquid (can add more later if sauce is not thin enough). Add meatballs; mix lightly until evenly coated. Cook 10 minute or until meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally. Add pineapple; mix well.
- SERVE over the hot rice.