Recipe by Krista Roes
My mom used to make this delicious Polynesian recipe when I was a kid. I just love the different toppings you can add to this basic coconut curry base. You can make it as spicy or as sweet as you want.
Top Review by ItalianMama
Excellent! I couldn't find the Heinz curry sauce (I don't think they sell it in the U.S.), so I subbed it with a homemade sauce. I used the Banana Curry Sauce from recipe #232671 (a half recipe of the sauce is about right). It worked perfectly! Lots of great flavors here, a wonderful combination of savory and sweet. Reviewed for PAC.
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 (8 ounce) jarheinz curry sauce
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup sliced banana (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to directions.
- Dice chicken into 1/2 inch pieces and cook about half way in a bit of vegetable oil.
- Add in coconut milk, curry sauce, curry powder, bullion granules, and tomato paste.
- Add in diced pineapple.
- Cook until chicken is done.
- Plate the rice with the sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with your choice of tomato, dried coconut, peanuts and even banana. Enjoy!