Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom used to make this delicious Polynesian recipe when I was a kid. I just love the different toppings you can add to this basic coconut curry base. You can make it as spicy or as sweet as you want.
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 (8 ounce) jarheinz curry sauce
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup sliced banana (optional)
- Cook rice according to directions.
- Dice chicken into 1/2 inch pieces and cook about half way in a bit of vegetable oil.
- Add in coconut milk, curry sauce, curry powder, bullion granules, and tomato paste.
- Add in diced pineapple.
- Cook until chicken is done.
- Plate the rice with the sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with your choice of tomato, dried coconut, peanuts and even banana. Enjoy!
Excellent! I couldn't find the Heinz curry sauce (I don't think they sell it in the U.S.), so I subbed it with a homemade sauce. I used the Banana Curry Sauce from Chicken With Banana Curry Sauce - Caribbean (a half recipe of the sauce is about right). It worked perfectly! Lots of great flavors here, a wonderful combination of savory and sweet. Reviewed for PAC.