Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 hrs
A great twist to the traditional spare ribs recipes and so easy to make
- 3 -4 lbs pork spareribs
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Place ribs in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over ribs.
- Cover and and cook on low for 8- 9 hours.
- *If the ribs are fatty boil for 5 minutes before placing in slow cooker.
I put these in to cook overnight and they were pretty good. They required about 15 seconds prep time The sauce was a bit thin, so I reduced it in a skillet before putting it back on the ribs and that helped. I might reduce the amount of broth next time, and add a small can of crushed pineapple. I'll serve these tonight over rice with something green on the side. Thanks for posting this adaptable recipe!
The ribs were fall off the bone tender but the sauce was rather bland. We all still put barbeque sauce on them to increase the flavor.