Recipe by **Pebbles**
From Woman's World August 2004
Top Review by Crazy2day
I hate coleslaw...but didn't mind this. It grew on me as the night went on..lol. My only changes, not as much cilantro cuz dh does not like..but think it would have been better if I had. And I used Franks hot sauce rather than tabasco. Very different and will be using to go w/my polynesian or asian themed meals.
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vinegar or 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (preferred)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 8 cups shredded purple cabbage or 8 cups green cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large red pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl stir together peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, salt and hot sauce.
- Stir in cabbage, cilantro, red pepper and scallions.
- Refrigerate one hour.
- Heat dry skillet over medium heat.
- Add sesame seeds; cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 3- 4 minutes.
- Remove from skillet, and sprinkle over coleslaw.