Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This delicious chicken salad recipe was given to me by my aunt. The cooking time listed is the time to chill the salad before serving.
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced in small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple chunks, white seedless grapes, or a combination of both
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almond halve
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- salad greens
- Combine chicken, celery, pineapple or grapes, carrots and almods.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, curry powder, lemon juice and salt.
- Pour over the chicken and toss lightly.
- Chill for about an hour to allow the flavors to develop before arranging on salad greens and serving.
Very good! I used at least 3 cups of diced chicken. I think only 2 cups wouldn't be enough chicken in relation to the amounts of other ingredients. I used a combination of pineapples and grapes as suggested; that's a great combination. I added some chopped onion for some extra flavor. I liked the creaminess that the sour cream gave. The curry and the toasted almonds added a special something too. Thanx for posting this. I'll make this again (with my little changes/additions).
This is a really good chicken salad! I made as written and then put it in the fridge to meld and decided it needed more chicken, it was a little to creamy. I also added a little minced shallot and didn't toast the almonds. Served this on rolls rather than on lettuce. Made for ZWT-7~THE HOT PINK LADIES.
Whipped this up for a quick and easy lunch. The flavors of the fruit complimented the chicken nicely. I was debating adding onion (as I now see Parsley did) but decided not to and it was still very good. I just used slivered almonds, untoasted. Will make again for sure. Made for ZWT7, Count Dracula and his Hot Bites